This is a professional education level that must be taken after passing the medical bachelor degree to be a Medical Doctor (MD). It has a cumulative study load of 42 credits. The cumulative study period is between 4 to 8 semesters. The aim of this professional learning process is mainly to strengthen the student’s skills and enrich the student’s experience about the real medical cases. The learning activities are held at the main teaching hospital (dr. Soebandi General Hospital, Jember) and other networking hospitals or health centers which are carried out through rotation at each Department by emphasizing the achievement of general practitioner competencies according to the recent Standards of Indonesian Doctor Competency issued by Indonesian Medical Council.
Becoming an excellent medical professional education programme in the agromedicine field
1. Implementing and developing qualified professional education, entrepreneurial insight and international reputation with agromedicine excellence.
2. Implementing and developing science, technology, and art through creative, innovative, and high-value learning, research, and community service processes, in the context of developing the agromedicine field.
3. Developing a transparent and accountable study program management system.
4. Developing a network of cooperation with stakeholders to increase the capacity and capability of study programs, especially in the field of agromedicine.
The goals of the medical professional programme are to produce medical doctor graduates who have the following criteria and competencies;
1. Having clinical skills that are following the Standards of Indonesian Doctor Competency with superior competence in managing health problems in the agromedicine field.
2. Being able to provide quality primary medical services for the community with excellence in the field of agromedicine.
3. Being able to take an active role and responsibility in the community and able to make the right decisions based on scientific considerations.
4. Having a strong desire to continuously improve personal competence, self-evaluation, and professional development.
- Demonstrating a professional attitude in primary health care
- Being able to conduct self-evaluation to improve performance
- Collaborating in the management of health problems at the primary service level
- Using information technology and digital devices effectively in medical practice
- Applying scientific literacy in medical actions and health interventions to individuals, families, and communities
- Managing health problems at the primary care level by applying patient safety principles
- Implementing effective communication in providing health services
- Being able to perform clinical procedures related to health problems by applying the principles of patient safety, self and others
- Managing health problems that occur as a result of employment in agriculture and products produced at the primary service level
- Mastering medical science in carrying out clinical procedures related to health problems by applying the principles of patient safety, personal safety, and the safety of others.